Ban Bang Khae, formerly know as Bang Khae
Home for Older Persons, was established on 1 June 1953 in the
period of the then Prime Minister, Field Marshal
P. Piboonsongkram. It was the first residential care institution
for older persons in Thailand which provided welfare services
was launched in the period of Director-General, Mr. Pakorn
Angsusingh. On 30 December 2003, Ban Bang Khae changed its roles
from being an implementing unit that provided care for older
persons to being an agency that promotes and supports the
provision of social welfare services for older persons.
Subsequently, the name has been changed to "Ban Bang Khae
Social Welfare Development Center for Older Persons."
813 Petchkasem Rd., Bangwa, Khet Phasi Charoen, Bangkok 10160
Tel. 0-2413-1141, 0-2455-1590 Fax: 0-2413-1140